The game called basketball is very popular all over the world. Millions of fans are watching the games of their favorite teams playing in such a powerful organization as the NBA, not to mention that basketball is also involved in the Olympics. What interesting facts do we know about basketball? You can hardly list them on the fingers of one hand. That is why we present to your attention incredible facts about this interesting game.
1. In 1891, James Naismith, who was an ordinary teacher at Springfield College, unknowingly created a game that is still played today. It was Neymit who decided that he had to run the ball in the field with his hand and throw it in the hanging basket.
2. The most interesting thing about basketball in this case is that it was created in 1891 and became an Olympic sport only in 1935. The women’s version of the game was left behind in the Olympic program only in 1975.
3. As for the rules, they have changed significantly since the creation of the game. In the beginning, Naismith set 13 basic rules.
4. The facts about basketball do not cease to amaze the fans of the game, we present to your attention the fourth no less interesting fact, which will inform you about the tallest basketball player in the existence of the game, who is Suleiman Ali Nashun from Libya, 2 m 45 cm tall.
5. American Maxi Boggs is considered to be the shortest basketball player whose height is 1 m 60 cm.
6. Basketball player Wilt Chamberlain appeared in the history of basketball as the only player who scored 100 points in one game. And that memorable event took place in 1962.
7. The first athlete banned from playing in the basketball league was Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who refused to listen to the national anthem.
8. It is always interesting for the fans to make predictions during the basketball game, which will inform the end of the game in maximum detail. Few people know who thought of the 3-point throws, which are directly related to the team’s victory. 3-point throws started to be used only in 1979-1980. And in the end we can not forget about the powerful basketball player Shaquille O’Neal, who appeared in the interesting facts we have listed, as he had only one 3-point throw during his entire professional career.
Basketball still continues to delight its fans with new interesting facts, and basketball players with a beautiful, fun game.